Friday, April 10, 2009

"Portrait Study 1"


This is my second try of painting human this year. When I did the "little girl in red" I was struggling with colors for the skin tone. I worked on this matter more this time. This portrait is done by copying one of Zhaoming Wu's paintings. His is the master of painting figures and portraits. If you are not familiar with his work, please check his art on the Internet. I really want to learn his ways of painting. Copying masters' work is a great way to study.

5 comments:

Linda Schweitzer said...

I'm passing on the "Passion for Painting" award to you. Visit my blog for details.

JanettMarie said...

This is very nice Qiang-Huang, the skin tones are much better. -jM

Måns Sjöberg said...

I am very impressed by your broad, bold brushstrokes and your vivid colors. I will definitely get back to your blog to see more paintings!

Michael Anthony Galante said...

Very nice Qiang, I enjoy all your work. As well as your u-tube demo.

There is a great forum called a Stroke of Genius that you might be interested in. It is a forum for professional portrait painters and serious students. There are many generous and talented artist there, I think you would fit in well.

http://forum.portraitartist.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=69

Bunty said...

I am not a painter but, ofcourse, appreciate art very much. If this human portrait is just your second go this year it's excellent.........what will they be like after several go's at portraits?! Well done.