Wednesday, May 6, 2009

"Indian Blanket" --- Sold

Click Here to Bid
Having not paint small for a while, when I faced this 5"x6" canvas, It seemed so tiny. It took me quite a moment to reset my memory. I had a pretty busy setup as well, so I had to make a few decisions on what and how I should paint. Now in Texas, the bluebonnet season is over, replacing it, we see vibrant red, yellow, and purple out of many kinds of wild flowers. Indian blanket is one of them. I really like its down-to-earth property. It is humble and strong.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

I love the Indian blanket flower! Your painting is beautiful.

Laurie G. Miller said...

Great sense of light...such a dynamic painting.

Jala Pfaff said...

Nice and loose!

Dean Grey said...

I love how the vines/leaves are spilling over onto the table.

Very wild and unkept looking. Very unique to see for a floral painting!

-Dean