Monday, August 3, 2009

"On the Spot" --- Sold



Painting light is my main motivation when I approach to a still life painting. This one is a good example. Vast amount of darkness enhances a small area of light. Subtle value change in shadow gives more dynamic range to the light. I didn’t use much of vibrant colors for this one, but I really enjoy the dances performed by the values.

During my China trip and the week after I came back. I have received massive amount of emails. I am really touched by all your warm words. I wish I could reply to each of you, but unfortunately I am not able to do that any more. I want you to know that I deeply appreciate your support and hope you to understand my lack of resources to manage all emails at one-to-one basis. I think the best way to feed back to you is to constantly improve my art and bring you some happiness visually. Thank you very very much.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful painting!!

Pam Holnback said...

Great darks and lights. Reminds me of Rembrandt.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

It's sort of like a story, with parts that you see right away, and parts that sort of evolve - out of the darker areas. Lots to look at, as usual. Beautiful.

VINOD MORE said...

awesome wrk sir!!!! same as your thoughts... very bold beautiful and simple yet rich....

Dean H. said...

I very much like the strong spotlight effect in this, Qiang! My newest favorite of your works!