Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Tomorrow is the Thanksgiving. At this moment, I am so grateful to all of you who followed my blog, subscribed my painting email, supported my art, and gave me the opportunity to share. May all of you have an exceptionally happy time with your family and friends.

I am sorry I don’t have a painting for you to view today. I am sending this message to let you know that I will take a break and go away for a week. I will spend my Thanksgiving long weekend and several my personal off days to go to a retreat. In contrast to my complicated and fast paced daily routines, I will spend some time in complete silence, contemplating about life, future, and spirituality. There are many things we consider important in life: success, wealth, and good health. However, there is something more important than all those. I am sure you know what I am talking about. So, follow your heart. Follow your faith. Follow your path.

I will be back to my studio on December 3. All the paintings sold during the break time will be shipped after I return.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

5 comments:

Loren said...

Qiang, I happened upon your blog while researching Fredricksberg workshops and I must say that I will be a regular visitor. Your comments and observations about creating art are wonderful (as are your paintings), but your gentle nature, frank honesty and loving kindness will inspire people to treat each other with respectful understanding...AND to create better art from the heart. Thanks for sharing you and your work with us. Loren

Jimmie Bartlett said...

I also in re. to previous poster Loren's comment, just found your blog and like your straight forward honesty and great paintings. Have a great holiday and enjoy your time off. I am looking forward to seeing your paintings when you return.

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks for the well wishes. Same back to you. Have a great and peaceful time. See you soon.

Unknown said...

Qiang, I love your art and I appreciate your Thanksgiving message so much. I too am on the quest for balancing life...it is so easy to follow the wrong path and your message was such a timely reminder for me that my searching is relevant. Thank you ---I hope God Blessed your Silent Retreat.

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and read every post. Each one drew me in to read the next ... I just wanted to let you know that I am inspired by your work so much, and I have learned a lot just from reading this blog! Thank you for taking time out to post your journey as an artist and inspire the rest of us! Thank you!