Saturday, October 30, 2010

"Afternoon at Windy Point"

Click Here to Bid

Calvin Liang's first workshop ended yesterday. It was very successful. The weather was great, the sites was beautiful, and everybody were happy. Today is our only break. The second workshop will start tomorrow morning. I have been very busy this two weeks. I went out early in the morning, set up road signs to make sure workshop artists can find the painting location. After everybody showed up and Calvin started to demo, I turned around and went to work. In the evenings, Calvin and I went different places to eat and chat. We had a lot of fun. Oh! I did got chance to paint. This one I did last Thursday. I have learned a lot from the master.

Recently I have spent a lot time trying to fix my computer problems. I got the newest MacBook Air computer. It is NICE. Now I am in the transition between PC and Mac. There is big learning curve I will go through. I have tried so many ways to generate my painting newsletter. I sincerely apologize that I have shown so many problems on my newsletters lately. I hope I am getting better now. If you see problems and issues, please let me know. It will help everybody. Thanks.

7 comments:

tiffannysketchbook said...

This painting is gorgeous. You have mastered still life and landscape both!

The Apple Tree Decorative Arts Studio said...

I did receive your email today. I liked your painting very much. The workshop sounds great!

Sorry that you're having so many computer problems. Those gremlins can be a real pain. BTW--you're going to LOVE your Mac.

Susan

Elaine Hurst said...

This is a wonderful painting. I love your still lives, or is does it stay "still lifes"? Anyway, I love them, and your landscapes are beautiful. I have been a fan of Calvin Liang's for some time. You will love your Mac!!

Ann Rogers said...

So good to see this finished painting since I saw it in process. You have really captured the color and light of the rocks. Calvin had such a great workshop, and such luck with the beautiful weather!

Stephanie Berry said...

Beautiful seascape. You're brave making the change from PC to Mac. I'm struggling with our new PC and the upgrade to Windows 7. Good luck!

Lorraine Shirkus said...

Beautiful painting! I did receive your email. Switching to Mac won't be hard and you will find you have fewer email problems. You will LOVE it!!!

Martyn Chamberlin said...

SWEET!!! I'm planning on getting the new MacBook Air too. It's the most beautiful notebook on the market at the moment.

I'm actually planning to work at Apple in a few months and I know a ton about Mac OS X. If you have any questions fill free to email me mail@martynchamberlincom. I love to discuss the Mac! :) Again, congratulations on your purchase.