Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"We Urn It" --- Sold, First Place Winner, Quick Draw




The last day of the paint out, we had a quick draw competition. I painted this urn. It was my lucky day again. I won the first place of the quick draw competition. I am very happy and humbled. You know what, I think this Urn has a magic power. Three prize winning artists did this urn: John Cook, Dennis Farris, and me. "We urn it!" John said to me after the event. John and Dennis are superb artists. Please google their names if you are not familiar with their works. You will be amazed with what they can do. I am very lucky to be among these greatly accomplished artists.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

tiffannysketchbook said...

Congratulations to you! Your urned it!

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

I am looking forward to meeting you in your upcoming workshop in Melbourne, FL. I have been a fan for years. Hope you can teach me your magic!

brianleepainter said...

A stunningly beautiful painting; love the cool and warm transition of temperatures on the shadow side, and the bold brushstrokes!

Vida said...

Wow! I am dying for the light violet shadow, the color and composition of this painting make me feel cool and cosy:)