Thursday, April 28, 2011

"Live Oak Live Apple" --- Sold

Click Here to Bid

Finally, I got the time and painted this small painting yesterday and posted it on eBay. Thank you so many friends giving me support after my previous post. I restarted my learning. I am continuing working on leaves. I will work on this topic for a while until I feel I obtain the effect I really want. I have some ideas about leaves, but not much. My investigation will go deeper. I decided to go high key this time. My colors will show better this way. I believe low key showing light, and high key showing color. Don't you agree?

6 comments:

Kathryn Fisher said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

supered,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sue Harrell said...

Low key to show lights - high key to show color...that makes so much sense! As usual, your painting is so beautiful.

Jane Hunt said...

I do agree - and this is a great example of why this works!

Montse said...

Great work!

Un saludo desde Bilbao.

MeeLi Lee said...

Beautiful color! The apple looks so fresh.

The highlight on the leaf edge gives the leaf dimension.