Monday, April 16, 2012

"Demo at Wenmohs Ranch 2012 2" --- Sold

The second demo I did at Wenmohs Ranch was a real enjoyment to me. It is the first time I painted Oleander and I immediately fell in love with it. I will say I like the leaves more than the flower. I like the long skinny shape of the leaf. It give a significant shape contrast to other round props, making the composition rich and dramatic.

My next workshop will be in two weeks from now. I hope I can use these two weeks time to study and  improve my art a little by creating some small paintings and gallery paintings. Although I teach a lot nowadays, but I really want to be a student and learn. I wish my learning curve would have been a little straighter, and my improvement would have been a little faster. But I don't have much control. I am moving forward patiently with baby steps.

5 comments:

carol morgan carmichael said...

This is a beauty. The bright flowers really stand out against the dark background and neutrals.

silentwitness said...

Wow--incredible painting, Qiang! It looks like you had great fun painting those leaves--so much energy! Stunning.

ShanePaintsMaine said...

Your brushwork is always superb but in this one it does a better than average job of expressing the form

Dean H. said...

I love the multi-directional strokes in the pitcher!
A great job, Qiang!

Pragya Tiwari said...

Gorgeous! The white cup and the flowers...breathtaking :) You made my day!