Monday, December 23, 2013

"Pink Rose Study 1" --- Sold

Click Here to Bid

I have mentioned that I went to a meditation retreat. You might think at this moment I had calmed my mind, levitated to the clouds, and reached Nirvana. Well .... I lied. I didn't get going. I got an email after I posted on my blog saying that my application was late and the waiting list was too long. I felt a little disappointed, but I will keep trying, because reaching my spiritual goal is important.

On the other hand, things are not that bad. I gained more time, so I started another round of painting studying. This time, I will concentrate on roses. Many people think I have known how to paint roses. I disagree. I might have done a few not bad rose paintings, but I only know the basics. This study will help me to improve.

3 comments:

Kathy Cousart said...

Always love your paintings, posts and writings...And I adore painting roses...look forward to learning more along with you. Thank you for sharing!

Adriana Guidi said...

Oh it's gorgeous Qiang! I learn a great deal from your postings thank you!

Theresa Taylor Bayer said...

Beautiful form and color in your rose. And the edge of light on the leaf is wonderful.

Have you ever found painting to be a form of meditation?