Sunday, December 29, 2013

"Pink Rose Study 6" --- Sold

Click Here to Bid

Life is full of challenges, and Ms. Rose is getting stronger. She has started to know that the world is not perfect, and she need to face the reality and deal with problems. However, she is optimistic. Smile is still on her face even she has to work harder, because she knows her future will be better if she keeps going.

I made a very big mistake yesterday. According to Apple's recommendation, I upgraded my Mac into the new IOS X Mavericks. I didn't realized how big can of worms I have opened. It changed my painting email format, my imaging processor is no longer working, and my routine blogging activity has been stuck because many of my know-hows become obsolete.  This is our current reality. Our life is full of junks, including our knowledge. Your expertise of doing things can be wiped out just like snapping a finger. Part of your life can obsolete just like that.  I never believe the computer related know-hows are considered real knowledge, but our life has to be depend on it. That is unfortunate. On the other hand, I feel very fortunate. Because nobody can obsolete a piece of art. When all the hardware and softwares you are using today have turned into junks, the impact of your painting is everlasting.

BTW, I will hack back, and my online art business will keep on going.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She is looking lovely!

Unfortunate about your computer troubles, must be frustrating. But makes one realize how transient information is!

Barbara said...

Yes, Qiang. I agree with you whole heartedly. I feel exactly the same way. I have now come to fear updating anything because it always seems to lead to confusion, malfunction, and total frustration. Yes, all the skills I worked so hard to master are suddenly worthless and I must start all over again often losing valuable capabilities it seems. Technology is indeed a love hate relationship.
Only your beautiful paintings remain a constant, dependable source of great pleasure and delight! I thank you so much for that, more than you can imagine.