Sunday, October 19, 2014

"Beijing Hutong 2014 9"

Click Here to Purchase

This is the last painting I did in Beijing, and it is another plein air one. A couple of days before I left Beijing, I went to plein air painting with a new friend: Kuang Han. Han (is his first name, the Chinese always put their last name first) is a very well known pencil drawing artist in Beijing. However, he may not be known enough in the Western world. I don't need to say too much about him, please check Kuang Han's Art, you will know.

I have been home for a few days now. Due to the jet-lag, I have not started any serious painting project. However, I have been thinking a lot on what I have been doing. It is getting clearer and clearer that my art career has entered a relatively quiet phase. It feels like a novice sailor coming out of the busy harbor now. In front of me is the vast ocean, endless and exciting, but some sort lonely. For a few years I have touch_based a few areas in art. I felt quite frequently that I am either just see "the tip of an iceberg" or  "open a can of worms". Now the icebergs are getting bigger, and the worms are crawling all over (Man! what a mental picture I am painting). Well, we have no choice. Let's keep going. Maybe slow, and  maybe disoriented, but keep going, since we are determined.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would love to be able to paint like this. I am repainting my house and I want to get art that doesn't clash with the new I'm using. I guess I will just have to buy some. http://www.wallstreetpainting.ca/en/

linda m levine fine art said...

Qiang...I love your insight into your life and art. Thank you for sharing with your loyal fans.

Unknown said...

Really chin is depend country in the world. the country of back ground is so nice also have nice guide line, culture, dress, intelligent of man, food etc all is well.
Beijing China